We are so excited to announce our 2020 Pushcart Prize Nominations! We have nominated:
- “Today’s Special” by Caitlin A. Leggett from Issue 1, pg. 6
- “Like Sheep to the Slaughter” by Nadia Wells from Issue 3, pg. 4
- “Check the Box” by H.E. Grahame from Issue 3, pgs. 8-10
- “Seven Times I Came Out” by Tai Farnsworth from Issue 4 , pgs. 4-5
- “What We Mean When We Say [Our Thoughts and Prayers Are With You]” by Olaitan Humble from Issue 4, pg. 15
- “Day 121” by E.G. Rambo from Issue 4, pg. 19
It was incredibly hard to pick just six pieces to nominate, so we want to thank and hold up all of our submitters for sharing their work with us this year. You make The B’K what it is, and we wouldn’t exist without your talents.
I would also like to personally apologize to all our submitters from 2010 until 2019 as we previously did not nominate for the Pushcart Prize, entirely due to my Imposter Syndrome as an editor. I didn’t feel qualified to choose between our talented submitters and therefore avoided the process, which robbed our submitters from the opportunity to be nominated. I’ve been working with my therapist and this is the result: we will be nominating from this point forward!